Thursday, September 27, 2007

Big Sucking Sound

Like everyone else I know, I have my share of distractions. I can also find really good excuses to not do things. Last week I got my long awaited invitation to the ultimate fiber distraction--Ravelry! Like I need another knitting-related addiction in my life right now, but this is so cool! The big sucking sound you hear is TIME.

Ravelry is a place for knitters, crocheters, designers, spinners, and dyers to keep track of their yarn, tools and pattern information, and look to others for ideas and inspiration.
On paper (or screen) this sounds like it would be a giant time-saver! What a wonderous idea--a place for my stash, needles inventory, and patterns along with a place to meet up with other knitters, check out their stuff, send messages and get help. I've been tinkering with my profile (knittybits) but I don't have a lot entered yet. It's even more ultra-cool because it meshes nicely with flickr, so uploading project photos is a breeze. As I sit here and type I'm doing so a teensy bit begrudgingly because I know this is time I could spend lurking on Ravelry. I'm going to have to be careful. Here's a thought--maybe Ravelry will force me to confront my stash in a realistic and adult-like manner. Snork.

No comments: