Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sophie's Treat?

The other day I went to one of my LYSs for a fix. I may have mentioned it in a previous post. I felt-up a bunch of yarn and ended up purchasing three skeins of Plymouth Yarn Royal Bamboo. It's 100% bamboo and has a very silky look to it.

The color is simply #09, which drives me nuts. I would love to have the job of coming up with names for yarn colorways. This particular yarn colorway consists of ecru, ginger, pink and charcoal. The color repeats about 2-3". When I saw the yarn in the basket at the yarn shop, something about the colors drew me in. My plan for the yarn is a multi-directional scarf (google multidirectional scarf for the pattern--super easy).

One evening, I was knitting and set my work aside to let our dog, Sophie, in the house. She expects a treat each time she comes in, and sits very nicely by the counter where the treat jar sits. As I reached in the jar to grab a tasty morsel, I came up with the perfect name for the #09 colorway--"Sophie's Treat". See the photo.


How funny is that? The yarn is lovely and silky, but it tends to split. I have to keep an eye on my knitting so I don't snag stitches. I'll post photos when it's done.

Yarn Specifications:
Yarn Content: 100% Bamboo
Yarn Gauge: 5 sts = 1"/US8 needle
Yarn Length (yards): 93 yds/50g ball

No comments: