Saturday, February 16, 2008

Road Trip Digest

The day's road trip to Henderson, KY was a huge success, but it wasn't at all what we had planned.

Our first stop was the Ruby Moon Winery and Vineyard just outside of Henderson. We sampled a few varieties and walked out with several bottles. The elderberry wine is pretty good!

From there we went to Princess Antiques Mall on Main Street, right next to YarnAlong. Great variety of "stuff" and reasonable prices. As we were browsing we heard the shop owner talking to another employee about an estate sale he went to that morning "on the hill near the hospital." Ah, a quest!

How hard can it be to find a hospital? Pretty easy, actually. We drove down the main street until we saw the blue "H" sign and then followed the estate sale signs. Easy as pie! The sales that you stumble upon are usually the best. Totally unexpected! I'll bet we poked through stuff for an hour or more and found some great treasures.

Then off to YarnAlong for some spinning. I was the only one who showed up with a spinning wheel. Lori, the shop owner, was sick and I think everyone else was still scared off by the snow. I guess a lot of the back roads are still pretty slick. I did some spinning for a bit, bought the last of Frankie Lee's fleece and then...

Wolf's Tavern & Restaurant on Green Street. I can't find a website for them, but they're not difficult to find. I'm all about trying the local restaurants and I'm rarely disappointed. This place was well worth it! (and under $10!!)

So, while we didn't spend as much time spinning as we had intended, we did find stumble upon some other cool stuff.

Trip meter: Success!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed I didn't get to spin with you last month - most of the family was down with that awful flu that's wreaking havoc on the nation. Hope to spin with you soon!