Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Much a Blog About Nothing

I apologize for not posting more often. I've probably lost all 7 of my subscribers, but I haven't felt like talking/writing about much. There have been several times in the past couple of days that I've started a new post, only to write a few lines and hit delete. That could very well happen tonight also.

Lately, my moods have been all over the place. I still can't believe that Susan is gone. I'm angry about it for many reasons...mostly selfish reasons. Susan was my age when she found out she had breast cancer. When she died, she was my mom's age when my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. I have my annual mammogram in a couple weeks. I hate the annual "squish" (what woman doesn't), but this year it's going to be particularly painful. And right now I'm very close to a complete melt down.

So with all that crap going on in my head it's been hard to come up with interesting stuff to share with you. My knitting and spinning have taken a bit of a back seat. Now that the parents have gone back home (the visit went well) I can free the stash and air it out a bit. That might get me back in the swing of things. You would be shocked (maybe some of you wouldn't) with the places I crammed yarn and fiber at the 11th hour.
Under the bed (too predictable, I know)
Attic
Hamper
Ottoman (get one with storage...worth every penny!)
Behind books on bookshelf
Trunk of car
Various baskets and bags placed artfully around the house
Garage
Dresser drawers
Closets (plural)
I even seriously contemplated the dog house, but there are dog hair and dog smell issues. The line had to be drawn, but I used pencil in case I need to erase it in the future.

At one point during the weekend, my dad asked how much yarn I have. (Dude, are we talking number of skeins or total mileage?) My answer--not enough.

2 comments:

TD#3 said...

Chris - I feel the same way - just going through the motions with everything- trying to say hi to everyone and process my feelings - it was very uplifting to see the girls last night - but hard at the same time!

LeAnn said...

It's hard to see those we care about suffer. So many people I know have been dealing with scary health issues and some have lost their fights in the last few months. The only thing that comforts me is knowing that my separation from them is temporary -- that one day we will be with them in a place where there is no more suffering ever again.