Thursday, October 18, 2007

Prayer Shawl Update

I'm almost finished with my third prayer shawl. It's off the needles, and now I just need to add the fringe....cringe. I don't particularly like doing the fringe, but our "Fringe Lady" (non-knitter who likes to hang out with knitters--the feeling is mutual) has three shawls ahead of mine. Looks like I need to start cutting and tying. The next colorway is Lionbrand Homespun Windsor.

The first prayer shawl went to Zack's grandma after Zack's grandpa passed away. It's a lovely shade of yellow and knit in the traditional K3P3 prayer shawl pattern. The second shawl went to Randy's Aunt Ella who recently lost her 4th, maybe 5th, battle with cancer. It was a green/blue shawl (Tudor) that was so calming to me when I knit with it. I hope it brought her the same calmness it brought me. I knit it a little lacier (bigger needles), but it was also in the K3P3 pattern.

For both of those shawls I knew the people for whom I was knitting. This shawl, on the other hand, is...well...anonymous. It's kind of strange to knit for someone you don't know. This shawl is a triangle. It went very fast, lots of YO, K2TOG and decreases. I'll post photos when it's done.

It's time to log off. There are tornadoes in Hopkinsville, KY, which is too close for comfort. The weather here is about to get a bit exciting. (Randy, please tell me you have moved your 5th wheel.) It's very windy, Sophie is pacing, the weather radio has fresh batteries, and there are two beers in the refrigerator.

See you in Oz!

No comments: