Has it only been a week since I posted?
Last Saturday, I went to the Tennessee Fiber Festival in Dickson and had a wonderful time! I bought this:
- Ashford Niddy Noddy from Wendy at Countryside Crafts. She’s from Etheridge, TN. (I needed another one...just a little longer than the one Zack made for me.)
- Jet black wool roving from Three Creeks Farm in Charlotte, TN
- Lavender and Light Lavender wool/mohair 50/50 blend rovings from Deer Trace Farm…DRAT I don’t have a link for them
- Black angelina, green/blue wool batt and “color change” carded roving from Little Barn
- Two bumps of wool, mohair, angora, glitz blend from Jacque at the Outback Managerie. She’s from McEwen, TN
The other workshop was an introduction to Naalbinding (pronounced NAL bin ding). I don't have any good photos of the same I made, sorry! This is the first time I've signed up for workshops and I'm so glad I did. It made the festival experience so much better. Don't get me wrong, shopping at the vendor booths is great, but learning new stuff in the company of other fiber
Saturday was great!
Sunday, however, was a completely different story.
I broke my thumb. Short version: rip cord on the lawn mower recoiled, wound around the lawn mower handle and slammed into my thumb like a hammer. Luckily, I was wearing heavy leather/suede work gloves. I knew from the moment of impact that something bad had happened. I swore for a while, and when that didn't help, I went to the doctor for x-rays. The bone is cracked about half way through. Right now, I have a splint. I'll find out tomorrow if I need further immobilization. Whoopee.
So.... No spinning. Minimal knitting. Buttoning is a bitch.