Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The One About Christmas Knitting, Sisters & Yarn

It seems like all the knitting and spinning projects I have going at the moment are some form of Christmas gift. This stinks because it doesn't give me much to write about. I don't want to spoil anything, but I do have a funny story to share.

Last night I was on the phone with my sister who lives in Michigan. Karen was describing a Christmas knitting project that she's making for her daughter. (Now I have to consider if Amy will read my blog...highly unlikely, but I'm not going to tell you exactly what Karen is making.) As Karen was describing the project, pattern and yarn...Patons SWS, variegated red pink with gray and plum...I opened my knitting bag, pulled out a skein of yarn and started reading the ball band. Hmm...Patons SWS, variegated, reds...so I ask, "Ah Karen? What's the name of the colorway?"

Yep. Same exact yarn. Same exact color.

Luckily, however, it's not the same stinking project, but it's pretty darn close!

It's all in the dioxyribonucleic acid.

No comments: