Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Good Day

Yesterday, my alarm went off at 5:45am. No, I didn't forget to turn it off Friday night before I went to bed. That alarm signaled the start of my good day!

6:30am - Dropped Zack at the rendezvous point for a weekend backpacking trip with his scout troop.

7:00am - Arrived back home and made coffee. Loaded the car with bags of fiber, spinning supplies and spinning wheel.

8:00am - Pedicure! Ahhhh.......

9:00am - Hair cut and style! (about 4-5 inches...yikes!)

10:00am - Monthly spinning meeting at Belmont Presbyterian Church. Four hours of spinning with other spinners. No interruptions, no phone calls, no having to help locate a football/guitar pick/shoe. Just spinning, talking, laughing and some awesome corn chowder for lunch.

2:00pm - Since I was already in the neighborhood, I decided to check out the new Trader Joe's store that opened in Green Hills. Parking was a nightmare, but the store has some pretty good stuff. Prices are reasonable also. It's the getting in and out of Green Hills that will keep me from going there regularly. The dried mangos dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with crushed hot peppers are sinful.

3:00pm - Thought about napping, but decided to spin the rest of the wool/angora/angelina blend while watching reruns of "Third Rock from the Sun."

6:00pm - Randy came over for dinner and a movie, but instead of going out we tried the Mohito Salmon that I bought from Trader Joe's. (Very good and very easy.)

7:00pm - I propped my feet up on the ottoman and watched an Antonio Banderas movie on Lifetime while admiring my freshly painted toes. Someone pinch me!

No comments: