Sunday, November 23, 2008

Serendipity? Yes!

I don't know what it is about me and fresh cranberries. Either I'm too early or too late. Last weekend the grocery stores I visited hadn't gotten them in yet. This weekend they were all out. Now, I'm not talking about canned cranberries...you know, the kind that makes that satisfying sucking sound as they wriggle out of the can. Nope. I want fresh cranberries. In a bag, raw, fresh, red. Why are these little orbs so elusive? What gives?

Zack and I had to run to the grocery store tonight for supplies for a cooking contest that his scout troop is having tomorrow night. He is responsible for the salad course, so off to the produce section. And there, in a freshly stocked display were bags of cranberries! Search for one thing and find another. I got so excited that I forgot the dang lettuce. Had to go back.

No comments: