Thursday, December 11, 2008

The 14 Days and 5 Hours of What the Hell was I Thinking

The first knitted gift is almost done. I still have to make the dangly braids and fashion a cozy lining so the wool won't be quite so scratchy. But other than that, it's almost done. Photos will be posted after the gift-giving. This is a project that I have knit twice. The first round was done on size 7s...this one is too small. [insert copious amounts of horrible language that I learned from my parent's cat] The second time I used size 8s...this one is just right. [insert contented sigh of satisfaction] Almost.

I still have three more projects to go, and I don't have any "Plan B" gifts should I fail [insert gasp] to get those projects completed on time. As I said, what the hell was I thinking?

For the past two weeks I've been seeing a physical therapist, Robert, for my wrist/arm pain. Did I mention that it's not carpal tunnel? It's tennis elbow caused from repetitive motion. (hmmm, like knitting? spinning?...nah!) I have all these little exercises that I'm doing at home. Goofy exercises that involve a bath towel and an unopened can of soup. Today he started working my neck (as I am typing this my shoulders are up around my ears...relax, Chris!) All those little shoulder and neck muscles were as hard as rocks and I could hear them crunching against each other as he pounded on them. It hurt. A lot. But I have to admit that I've noticed quite an improvement. My arm is happier and isn't sending shooting white hot pain indicators to my brain anymore.

Maybe I should take a break from repetitive tasks and give my arm a rest...like that will happen.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Good news on the no-carpal-tunnel thing! I feel your other "pain" though - the what-the-hell-was-I-thinking pain. I have 3 gifts to knit before next weekend, 2 of which have yet to be started.