Sunday, April 19, 2009

Don't look, it's not pretty...

Warning

This blog may contain crude indecent language and graphic violence. If you're easily offended by explicit photographs of knitting gone wrong, you should log off the internet and go to your safe place...now.

Saturday. For those of you who lurk on Facebook or Twitter, you know that Zack had a double header yesterday. It was a beautiful day for baseball and it gave me an opportunity to knit for 4 straight hours, guilt-free.
But we're not here to discuss baseball.

We're here to discuss this:
Do you see it? Right smack-dab in the middle of the photograph. About 12 rows down. Maybe the arrow will help:
You were warned.


I found this little misplaced decrease at about 7pm last night. I tried ripping out just that portion of the sweater. I've done this before with great success, but never when I've had decreases, YOs and K2TOGs going on. To make this even worse, this is the decrease in the front of the cardigan.

I got to the misplaced decrease and was able to reroute the wayward stitch. Knitting back up through the pattern was a bitch not fun and it looked like hell crap when I got back to the top. So I swore like a knitter who won't let a stupid @#$&^*ing pile of lime green yarn get the best of her on a Saturday night sailor, pulled out the needles and ripped back to the YO/K2TOG row. The yarn in my lap resembled green ramen noodles. Man, I was pissed mildly upset.

Sunday. It's all better now. I'm happy with my decision to rip and reknit. I'm not going to beat myself up any more. It's a new day and I have a lot of knitting to do. (Please ignore the dog hair on the sofa...I do.)

Upcoming events:

Stitches South 2009 (in Atlanta). I'm driving down with Liana and Martha on Thursday morning, which is why I want to get this cardigan finished. We'll be there through Sunday. My expectations are pretty high. If I have the opportunity, I'll blog. If not, I'll update via Twitter.

The Tennessee Fiber Festival is coming up in May at the Dickson County Fairgrounds. I'm teaching a finishing class. My first foray into the teaching aspect of knitting. Whee!! I enjoy a well-finished handknit so this class will be fun. (I'm starting to get nervous...but a couple of friends have agreed to let me practice on them.) Come on out to the festival if you're nearby!

Later, folks! I have a lot of knitting to get done today.


No comments: