Monday, July 20, 2009

Bon Jour!


P1010005
Originally uploaded by KnittyBits

Hello from Canada!

This was the view from our hotel in Montreal. The Basilique-Cathedrale Marie-Reine-du-Monde et Saint-Jacques-le-Majeur. We didn't have much time to explore the city, but I'm glad we had a chance to see the inside of this cathedral. It was breathtaking!

We arrived in Quebec City yesterday (by train!) and explored a bit of the town last night. With all this walking I'm probably going to have to buy another pair of walking shoes.

I was surprised at the amount of activity on a Sunday night. Nearly all the stores were open and people were everywhere. The language thing isn't really a thing. Most people greet you with "bon jour hi" and if you answer with "bon jour" you receive a flurry of French. If you respond with "hi" they flip the switch and it's all in English. I'd love to be able to do that!

The weather is absolutely perfect! Yesterday our cab driver told us that "for the last 20 days is nothing but the rains."

I'm not sure what adventures we'll stumble across today. Becky is at the convention center trying to iron out something to do with her exhibit booth so I'm on my own for a bit. I can see an intriguing looking neighborhood from my hotel window, so I may go explore for a bit.

A bientot!


(p.s. I'll try to post my photos to www.flickr.com/chrislannan each night.)

No comments: