Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Plague Forecast

It seems that the White Death is on track to hit middle Tennessee sometime around midnight. Great. As if the stores aren't crazy enough with all the Christmas shoppers.


For those of you who haven't heard, Davis Kidd Booksellers is going out of business. They started their clearance sale and last night most everything was 30% off. As time goes on the discounts will get deeper...as will the crowds. I went last night and spent more time trying to find a parking space than I did in the store.


On to a brief knitting update. I've been knitting A LOT! I finished up a pair of fetching handwarmers for a good friend, but I forgot to take a photo. Drat! (We're going out to dinner tonight so I'll try to get some actions shots.) The yarn I used was quite surprising. I wanted them to be black with a hint of sparkle, soft, machine washable. This was PERFECT! Plus it was only a couple bucks a skein. The skein is 3 ounces and I have 1.15 ounces left. Not quite enough for two pair per skein.

Caron Simply Soft Party

I have more photos to post but I need to get moving with wrapping gifts, trip to the post office, finish Christmas cards, start baking, etc. 'Tis the season!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Not the return of The White Death! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!