Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday Bits

There's been a lot of talk lately about what people in the U.S. are doing with their economic stimulus checks. When the rebate idea was first announced, I decided I would spend a little bit on my fiber habit. Defining "little bit" has proven difficult, but I believe I've come up with a plan. I signed up for a spinning class in September at the Appalachian Center for Craft. Want to join me? There is only room for 12 students. Go! Sign up! Now!

Speaking of joining me... Do you want to get together with a group of knitters during lunch? It's a great way to de-stress just bit during the week. If you work in downtown Nashville, there are a couple good knitting opportunities during lunch. A small group meets at Dunn's Coffee House (right beneath the L&C Tower) each Wednesday. Another group meets on the 2nd Monday of the month at the main branch of the public library. Check out the Nashville Ravelers group on Ravelry for more info.

Project update: all the shetland (Mama C) has been spun into singles, now I need to ply. While my thumb was sore, I predrafted some wool that I dyed a couple months ago.I might spin it up next...maybe add a little sari silk. The Cabaret Raglan is coming along nicely. The back is done and I'm about 1/2 way finished with the front. I haven't made much progress on the Socks That Rock Terra Firma. They're just not as soft as I'd like. I'm trying...but...these have all the signs of being a colossal u.f.o. (un finished object).

Speaking of U.F.O.s, I have one that just might get the record on Ravelry. I'll have to dust it off and take photos. The 80s weren't terribly good for knitters.

Reader poll: what's your oldest U.F.O. and why did you abandon it? Anyone? Anyone?

1 comment:

Elle said...

Beautiful dyed roving, I can't wait to see it spun! Way to promote our knitting at lunch on Wednesdays, I really do look forward to it. It has been just LeAnn and I for a couple of years, so it's nice to have some more knitters added to our little group. 11:30 on Wednesdays.