Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Things We Do

Sometimes I think I must be nuts. I spent my day at "Field Day 2008". More ham radio stuff. You can click the link if you are so inclined.

However, before you start feeling too sorry for me, I must confess a little secret. I left "KI4LMR" in the capable hands of the WCARES volunteers and went to Murfreesboro to pay a visit to the Knaughty Knitter. It was a good visit. I bought two bags of mixed fiber batts. They are killer gorgeous! When my batteries recharge, I'll post photos.

This was my first visit to Knaughty Knitter's shop (visited booths at numerous fiber events) and I could kick myself for not going sooner. The shop is a couple blocks off the town square and is in a small converted house. Three rooms of fiber!! This shop is the only one in the area that sells both yarn and spinning fiber. She has an awesome selection of both. I found myself fondling her huge selection of Lopi Lite until reality smacked me upside the head reminding me that it was 95 degrees outside. Knaughty Knitter is worth the drive...get a group together and make a day of it! (There are also some great new restaurants and shopping in the 'Boro.)

When I returned to Field Day, I found myself a nice patch of shade (very scarce!) and commenced to knitting on the Cabaret Raglan. Would someone please remind me to WRITE DOWN INCREASES AND DECREASES when I decide to be clever and alter a pattern to include waist shaping? I don't know why counting rows has become so difficult for me, but I've done a partial frog on this sweater FOUR times because I can't seem to count to seven. I am an idiot. I did get to the raglan decrease on the front, which means I start the pattern on the next row. No fair making bets on how many times I frog due to attention deficit while decreasing and working a pattern!

I just realized that I haven't mentioned that Zack is at camp. He is at a two-week resident camp and this is the longest I've ever gone without talking to him. It's very quiet around the house and the poor dog keeps checking his bedroom. He'll be home on the 4th, just in time for fireworks!

No comments: