Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Low Carb Dumplings

Friends, I present the "Dumpling Bag."The pattern is by She-Knits and is published in the Fall 2008 issue of Interweave Knits.

I knit the bag with malabrigo. The pink flower buds are some leftover Galway and the green vine is the yarn I spun at the State Fair. I covered jump rings with the State Fair yarn and hand felted them under running water. I filled in the thin spots with some careful needle felting.

The pattern calls for the straps and rings to be sewn in place prior to felting, but I sewed the loops afterwards. They're needle felted in place. I wondered if the needle felting would be strong enough, it seems to be holding quite well.

As far as the practicality of the bag...well...it's a bit small. I should have taken it out of the washing machine a little sooner. (Must remember to set timer when felting...multi-tasking bites me every time.) However, it is pretty darn cute, and SO soft! It may end up hanging on a door knob to hold stuff. It would also make a cute small project knitting bag. For socks perhaps?

Next on KnittyBits:

  • My trip to an alpaca farm last weekend and how not to treat your guests
  • Upcoming adventure trip to Cleveland (and we're not talking Ohio) for Randy's b-day
  • Photos of yarn spun at Appalachian Center for Craft (proof that I did spin something)
  • The annual yard sale (from hell) is slated for Oct 10th
  • Update on the Cabaret Raglan...folks, we're getting close!!
  • The next Big Project

No comments: