Friday, January 1, 2010

New year, new ramblings

Happy New Year, dear reader(s)!

Last night I was out with friends and someone brought up resolutions. They were surprised that I don't make them. I've made them before and for the life of me can't remember what they were or if I stuck to them. No resolutions for me this year. However, I do have a list of things I'd like to accomplish. The biggie this year is to get the garage organized into useable space. I plan on setting up my dying studio out there, complete with running water... (and what color is the sky in my world?) I also want to organize the guest room and get rid of stuff I don't use any longer. It's easy to talk big right now, but we'll see how it goes when it comes down to the actual "doing". Yes, we shall see...

But I have made a bit of a start. I listed some of the stuff on Craigslist. This will be interesting....there are some weird-ass strange folks out there. For those who are interested:
Igloo style dog house
HP photosmart 7350 color printer
Critter Trail II hamster cage/habitat plus expansion pieces
2-Bike Carrier/Rack for car trunk
...more to come...
And I will not drive to Murfreesboro, nor will I deliver an item to a hospital room. I want to get rid of these things, but seriously.

On to knitting news! This winter I've taken on more classes at Haus of Yarn. I'm teaching the finishing class again and have added 4 other classes--simple intarsia scarf, quick and chunky ear flap hat, different ways to cast on, and a class on understanding gauge. The shop has a great selection of classes and teachers this season. I still can't believe I'm part of their line-up! Pinch me!!

The ear flap hat class has me the most excited. The class is a result of the hat I made for Zack last year. Here's the pink version which can easily be knit in a weekend.

This pattern will be available at Haus of Yarn in the next week or so. I will also post it to Ravelry. It's a super fun pattern!

Another goal of mine is to post more info on my blog. I've gotten rather sporadic lately and hope to change that. I have enough projects going that finding material to write about should not be an issue. It's finding the time to write, take/upload/crop photos, but heck, who needs sleep?

Best wishes for 2010!!

No comments: