Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Three Gallons of Milk to Spare

I made the move on Saturday and joined Weight Watchers. This past winter/spring was not kind to me and I added some weight that I just can't seem to shake off. I don't think I changed anything, but for some reason my metabolism. just. stopped. I put on a pair of slacks and had to take a bit of a breath to get them zipped and decided enough was enough.

Maybe some day I'll post my starting weight, but I'm not ready to take it that far yet. However, I will update you weekly on my progress. Thursday is my weigh-in day so I plan to post the results each day. This week I'm not expecting much because I joined on Saturday and didn't get my profile created and base weight entered until Sunday night. Plus it's taking me some time to get comfortable with the points tracking. But, hey, if I can shed even a half a pound (that's 2 sticks of butter, how gross sounding is that?) I'll be happy.

My goal is 25 pounds (that's 3 gallons of milk). Why would anyone want to carry around an extra three gallons of milk? I picked up a gallon tonight at the grocery store and was completely mortified at how much it weighed...and I'm carrying three of them all the time. Well, folks, that's over. It's time for a change. Wish me luck and, if you're so inclined, join me!

Can I add resistance to the treadles of my spinning wheel so I'll burn more calories?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.