Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday Rambler

Have you ever lost a camera? I love this site: Found Cameras and Orphan Photos. What a great idea! New photos are posted each Thursday. It's a bit voyeuristic and somewhat creepy, yet fun.
I forgot to mention another favorite website yesterday, Paradise Fibers. Click on the link that's over on the right (your other right, Mary). Good stuff. I purchased some raw sari silk from them several months ago and am spinning it up with some wool that I darn near felted hand dyed last spring.

Last Saturday I joined about a dozen other Nashville spinners for a couple hours of spinning, show and tell, impromptu workshops and just plain fun. It was my first time to be able to join them. A super talented group! I wish they met more often than once a month. Only 12 times a year just isn't very much. But schlepping a wheel around every weekend could be problematic, as in not getting anything else done. I suck at names but here are a few of the Ravelry folks I can remember: qltann, fibergroupie, agileknitter (showed off her latest sock pattern....KILLER). If you're one of my 7 subscribers and you were spinning on Saturday, drop me a line and I'll add you to my list.

Then on Monday, I went to the Nashville Public Library to knit during lunch. The knitting group meets the second Monday of the month from 12 to 2. (Revisit the only 12 times a year woe.) Again, a great showing from Ravelry: sampoulter, tngardengirl, tnknitter, putasockonit. There were quite a few more, but alas...names escape me. What didn't escape me was the preview of a new cardigan that's from the Mason-Dixon knitting book "Outside the Lines" (to be released in mid-Sept...pre-order a copy NOW). The cardigan is absolutely gorgeous. I got to try it on but I had to give it back. We all tried it on. What a treat! It's going on the book tour this fall/winter.

I am so humbled to be knitting/spinning in such amazing company. Where have you guys been all this time? Ain't Ravelry great??

No comments: