Friday, June 29, 2007

Finally, Friday!

I got out of work a little later than I had hoped and still had to swing by Dick's Sporting Goods to pick up a gift card for my son's friend, who is having a birthday thing (no longer called party) tonight. Run into Dick's (hmmm...), get gift card, run next door to Target, get birthday card, stop at ATM for cash, finally run home. No time to stop and get adult beverage...don't you hate that?

So, I got home, gave Zack the cards to sign while everyone is very patiently waiting to go to the birthday thing. Zack heads out the door and I follow him as far as the mailbox. As I was yelling a greeting across the street to a neighbor, I reached my hand in the mailbox and felt something gloriously squishy. OH...OH...OH! I did the Yarn Dance (in public, in front of the neighbor, in front of Zack and his friends) and I squealed a bit. My neighbor came over to see what goodness my mailbox had produced, and when I showed him the yarny contents of the package (it took only seconds to rip it open) he started talking about the candidates for the upcoming council election and how he wants a council person who will blah blah blah blah blah. Cripes, dude, this is YARN! I'm going inside so I can fondle it in private.

This came from Sarah's Yarns. You can order swatch samples FOR FREE, all you have to pay is shipping. I got swatches of all the JaggerSpun and some of the silk. Plus, they sent color cards of all their stuff. I love Sarah and I love Sarah's yarns. I've never ordered from them before (just heard about them on Lime & Violet), so I thought I'd give it a try. When I saw the free swatch samples, I ordered one of each. That was maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, and I got them today. Totally exceeded all expectations! I don't know which one to swatch first. It's tough to be me right now.

AND...
To make it even better, I just sold Blimey! Wheee!!!

Did I mention that I bought a bunch of dye and more undyed yarn from KnitPicks today? Well, we don't need to talk about that until it gets here. Hush.

No comments: