Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Time or the lack of it

I just realized it's been a week since my last post. For the one person who reads my blog, yes, we did have a snow day last Wednesday. It wasn't so much a snow day, but more of a black ice morning. But the kids got to stay home from school and goof off. It was a nice break.

A while back, I did some thrift shopping at Goodwill during a 50% off sale. I landed 4 cashmere sweaters and a bunch of wool. I probably bought 14 sweaters (I didn't count). Several of the sweaters have been felted and will serve a new purpose in life as either knitting needle holders or hand bags. I haven't decided yet. Some are going to get frogged and either sold or re-knit into something else. It just kills me to see all that beautiful yarn that's destined for the landfill. The sweater might be butt-ugly, but that's not the yarn's fault. Where else can you get a sweater's worth of yarn for $3? And I don't mean nasty "virgin acrylic." The sweaters I picked up were cashmere, lambs wool, icelandic wool, shetlant, silk wool blend, angora, etc. I'll post pictures when I get the sweaters back into nice neat skeins. And just how satisfying is it to pull a sweater apart? Try it. Great therapy...along with a good movie and a glass of wine.

No comments: